Friday, May 9, 2008

Our little artist!

So for two day's now Jackson has been asking me if he can build his forest now. I had no idea what he was talking about so I kept saying "later" like the great mom I am. Finally, today he asked again and I said yes. I gave him the glue stick he asked for and kept cleaning, happy that he was entertaining himself. About 5 minutes later he came to me and said "Close your eyes Mom!" . When I opened them I could not believe what I saw. He had built his first diorama. I knew he had passed me by in many ways and definitely when it came to art, but even I didn't expect this. It took me about 5 minutes to figure out how he had even made it. I guess our boy with special needs is more special than we thought.

2 comments:

Bre said...

The 3rd grade made some dioramas and displayed them in the library. Jackson LOVED looking at them. That's so fun he made one himself!

Laura said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! That really is amazing! Way to go Jackson. Maybe you just found his calling. You know those miniture cities or malls they do when companies are pitching an idea or before construction begins. I can see it now.....