Friday, September 19, 2008

Is Halloween a Christian holiday?

Jackson and Lucie are just like all kids and LOVE to dress up. So of course they can't wait for Halloween. The official dress up day! Lucie wants to be a skunk, which I think is incredibly appropriate. Jackson goes between Obi Wan Kenobi, an ogre, and a king. Last night we were talking at dinner about what Lucie and Jackson think Adam, me and my sister Tina should dress up as. They both agree that Tina should be a princess. Then Lucie bursts out and is so excited to say, "Dad! You should be Jesus!". Needless to say we could not stop laughing and had to explain to her that while it was a good suggestion, Daddy would not be dressing up as Jesus for Halloween.

3 comments:

Nelson Family said...

Your kids are adoreable!! Email me sometime! We should get together.........wait, that sounds familiar. ;) We really should though!

McKenna said...

I love that story. How do you explain to kids that it's probably not the best idea to dress up as Jesus? But we can dress up as angels? Halloween is confusing!

Bre said...

oh man! I love it! She's such a cutie!